City of Wyoming Offers Homes for Sale – 20% Discount | News
Wyoming, Mich., Feb. 28, 2011 – Through the Neighborhood Stabilization Program the City of Wyoming has purchased and renovated Wyoming homes that are now being offered to income qualified families at a 20 percent discounted sale price.
These properties can be purchased with an 80 percent first mortgage and a 20 percent, no interest, no payment, ten year, fully forgivable second mortgage to income qualifying families. Monthly payments for the six homes currently available are approximately $600.
These homes are available for view through the newly created “Home Ownership Programs” button on the City of Wyoming website, wyomingmi.gov, under Featured Links. The page can also be accessed through the Planning and Development page, found under the Departments menu.
The “Home Ownership Program” page also answers frequently asked questions about the program and provides information on basic eligibility requirements. All homes on the site have been renovated, are energy efficient and are in code compliance.
To date, eight homes have been sold through the program in Wyoming. Six homes are currently available for purchase and another home is under renovation. Interested families should contact the Planning Office for additional information.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants