Wyoming Park teen pleads in deadly crash case | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) -- A teenager has entered a guilty plea for a drunk driving accident that killed two Wyoming Park High School classmates and injured three others.
Takunda Mavima, 18, appeared in Kent County Circuit Court Wednesday to enter guilty pleas to two counts of "operating under the influence causing death" and one count of "operating under the influence causing serious injury." He will be sentenced on September 27.
In May, Mavima crashed his car while driving home from a party at an Allendale apartment. The crash killed Timothy See, 17, and Krysta Howell, 15. The students injured in the crash were Dylan Stanaway, 16, Huy Nguyen, 18, and Trenton Lambright, 18.
Mavima had faced eight charges of reckless and drunk driving following his arrest in May.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State