Neighborhood waits for water to be restored | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- A Wyoming neighborhood is expected to have water restored this morning after a broken water main break.
It happened shortly after 8 p.m. Wednesday at Clyde Park and Buckingham St. SW.
Clyde Park was closed to most traffic between 28th and 32nd streets overnight into Thursday morning.
Don Ranson, who lives in the neighborhood described how water took over the area. "It was flowing over the curbs...probably half the block either way...that's how much water there was." He says this is the third time a water break has happened in the area. Ranson also adds that he's been impressed with how quickly the Wyoming Water Department responded in fixing the problem.
We have contacted Wyoming Public Works to find out about the extent of the damage.
Their representatives have not returned our calls.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry