TRAFFIC ALERT: U.S. 131 ramp to M-6 shut down | News
UPDATE - The ramp has reopened.
CUTLERVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) -- Michigan State Police troopers are shutting down the ramp from southbound U.S. 131 to westbound M-6 because of a fuel spill.
Troopers say the spill was caused when a tanker was involved in an accident on the ramp.
Grand Rapids and Cutlerville firefighters are responding to assist in the clean-up of the fuel.
Dispatchers do not know how long the ramp will be closed.
Drivers wanting to go westbound on the M-6 Paul Henry Freeway are advised to get off the highway at the 54th Street SW exit of U.S. 131, take 54th/Gezon Parkway to Byron Center Ave. SW, then take Byron Center back to the freeway.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State
- My Town: Our Kitchen Table improves lives through the power of plants