Police: Man supplied alcohol to Wyoming Park teens | News
HUDSONVILLE, Mich. (WZZM) - A recent Wyoming Park High School graduate is charged with providing alcohol to minors contributing to the crash that killed two students last month.
Shane Harlan of Grand Rapids appeared in court Wednesday morning. Authorities say he held a party on May 19 at his Allendale apartment, which students from Wyoming Park attended.
Takunda Mavima, 17 crashed his car while on his way home from the party. The vehicle rolled down an embankment at the Chicago Dr. exit ramp from I-196, killing and Krysta Howell, 15, and Timothy See, 17.
Harlan faces 30 days in jail for the misdemeanor count of supplying alcohol to minors.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State