Sinkhole closes Wyoming road | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) - A large sinkhole has taken out part of a busy Wyoming street.
Southbound Clyde Park Avenue is closed near 32nd Street for the sinkhole that opened up overnight. Both southbound lanes are basically gone. Northbound has one lane open at this time.
Wyoming officials tell WZZM 13 that a six inch watermain broke, causing the sinkhole. The main has been repaired and crews are now working to fix the road. One car did drive into the sinkhole overnight.
We'll have updates when they become available.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry