Power outage in Kent and Ottawa Counties | News
GRAND RAPIDS (WZZM) - Thousands of people in the Grand Rapids, Grandville, Wyoming, and Jenison areas woke up without electricity Wednesday morning.
As of 6:45 am, Consumers Energy reports about 5,000 customers without power in the Grand Rapids, Wyoming, Grandville, and Jenison areas.
Initially, 11,000 customers were without power. But, Consumers crews were able to restore power to nearly 7,000 customers near Burlingame and 36th Street.
Consumers says the outage is due to a problem with a large power line in the Grandville/Wyoming area. They do not think it is weather related. Workers are investigating the cause of the outage and trying to restore the remaining power. Consumers expects the rest of the electricity to be back on by about 8 am.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- GRFD confirms child playing with fire caused West Side blaze
- My Town: Consumers Energy Foundation awards nearly $39K to nonprofits
- My Town: GVSU and DHS awarded research grant for family support program
- My Town GR West: Survey reveals Michigan parents overwhelmingly pleased with 21st century education
- OPINION: Michigan, Our Great State