Woman beaten, set on fire | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) - Wyoming Police are looking for tips after a Grand Rapids woman was brutally beaten and set on fire.
Lori A. Lee, 38, was found Sunday morning in the 1500 block of Godfrey SW. Investigators say she was severely beaten until her face was unrecognizable. They believe her attacker or attackers then set her on fire to cover up their tracks.
Lee was able to stumble to a nearby house. She is in the hospital in serious condition, but is unable to talk to police. Investigators say they had to use her fingerprints to identify her.
Police do not believe the attack on Lee was random. They have identified the crime scene outside of Wyoming in Grand Rapids. Grand Rapids Police Department is now helping with the case.
Anyone with information about the attack or Lee's whereabouts prior to the incident is asked to call Wyoming Police at (616) 530-7300 or Silent Observer at (616) 774-2345. There is a $1,000 reward.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry