Police search for Wyoming credit union robber | News
WYOMING, Mich. (WZZM) -- Wyoming Police are looking for help in finding the suspect in an afternoon credit union robbery.
Police say that just after noon Friday, the Community West Credit Union in the 2700 block of 44th Street SW, was robbed by an armed man. He fled the scene with an undisclosed amount of cash, north from the scene.
The suspect is described at a black male, maybe in his early 20s, 6'1" - 6'2", wearing a dark-colored sweatshirt with light gray hood and long athletic shorts. He was carrying a dark-colored back pack.
Around 5 p.m. Friday, the Fifth Third Bank at 54th Street and Division was robbed. In that case, police say a white man handed a note to a teller demanding money. He fled on a bicycle in a unknown direction.
RELATED: Second Wyoming bank robbed in hours
So far, it does not appear the two bank robberies are connected. Anyone with information on either crimes is asked to call Wyoming Police at (616) 530-7300 or Silent Observer at (616) 774-2345.
Upcoming Events near Wyoming
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Grand Rapids police are investigating an overnight stabbing during an apparent robbery attempt.
- Break dance school celebrates 10 years of street dancing
- Outdoor watch party planned for MSU-Oregon game
- The Rapid gives annual update to Kent Co. commissioners
- Kris Spaulding helps Brewery Vivant find a new way of making merry