Kent County will be accepting household hazardous waste from residents Saturday, August 10.
Residents with proper ID can drop off items from 8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. at 2908 Ten Mile Rd. in Rockford. The county will also accept drop-off items at the following times and locations:
- August 24: 1500 Scribner Ave. NW, Grand Rapids
- September 7: 5068 Breton Rd. SE, Kentwood
- September 21: 2350 Ivanrest SW, Grandville
- October 12: 2908 Ten Mile Rd. in Rockford
- October 26: 1500 Scribner Ave. NW, Grand Rapids
Chemicals including weed killers, bug sprays, antifreeze, gasoline, oil-based paint, wood preservatives, paint thinner, pool chemicals, deck cleaners, fluorescent light bulbs, mercury thermometers and thermostats will all be accepted. Latex paint, medical waste, prescription drugs, ammunition and fireworks are prohibited.